Archbishop Cranmer CE Academy offers a culture of opportunity for every child.
We live up to our motto 'Striving for life in all its fullness' by offering a wide variety of ways to enrich and enhance our curriculum.
In December we were one of only two primary schools invited to perform at The Royal Concert Hall as part of the Christmas Music Festival. We sang 13 songs to a full house which included the Director of Education, The Mayor and the Sheriff of Nottingham!
Click on the link below and select Young Arts from the menu to see how we used mathematical skills to create sculptures out of chicken wire...
Take a look below at some of the enrichment and enhancement opportunities our children have accessed this year so far...
- A special welcome service in church for our new starters in Foundation (see photo below!)
- A WW2 day complete with a wartime community dinner
- A special British Legion Service organised by Peter Berry
- A visit from Patrick Mercer (local MP) to lead us towards establishing our Pupil Parliament
- A fabulous Christmas performance by our singers at The Royal Concert Hall
- A successful eco-day, complete with a fashion show, organised by staff and led by Mrs Jackson
- The first performance of our school recorder group, led by Miss Jones
- A Chicken Wired workshop
- Year 5 & 6 visit to the Holocaust centre
- Our children’s work regularly published in the community magazine ‘Contact’
- Regular celebration assemblies where we welcome all parents and grandparents (we welcomed 50 of you at one service this half-term!)
- The Christmas trees decorated for church by our children
- The introduction of our school prayer, finalised by our prayer club
- Year 4 residential to York
- The introduction of our Pupil Parliament, including a day visit to West Minster for our Year 6 children (we sat in The House of Commons and listened to Nick Clegg speak!)
- The introduction of an ipad club at lunchtime for YF and Y1
- The establishment of musical tuition in guitar, keyboard and woodwind throughout the school
- An after school dance club open to all year groups
- Athletics events for year 3 and 4
- Science Week with a visiting science bus
- Bikeability for year 5
- Condover, a four day residential for year 5 - take a look at the photographs on the class 5 page!