Miss Robinson - Class 4
CONDOVER RESIDENTIAL 4th - 6th MAY
PowerPoint and Information letter
Year 4 Multiplication Check 2022
Welcome to Class 4!
Welcome to Class 4 with Miss Robinson. Our class page includes lots of useful information about all of the things that we get Up2 in our busy and exciting classroom.
In Class 4 we work alongside Mrs Weaver as our teaching partner. Mrs Weaver will be working in Class 4 every morning and will be covering my out of class time on a Thursday afternoon.
This summer term our topic is Nature’s Power. Children will be learning about the destructive powers of nature, including volcanoes and earthquakes. They will be exploring how and why these natural phenomena occur, and the ways in which they affect people and the environment. Children will be exploring the major mountains of the world and describing how different features of mountain ranges have been shaped over time. They will be also considering what the weather is like in a mountainous environment and how tourism impacts these regions. They will finally be locating the world’s greatest rivers and describing their features. To support this learning, as part of our science curriculum, children will be learning about ‘States of Matter’. Children will learn about the differences between solids, liquids and gases, and explore in-depth how water changes state, exploring melting, freezing, condensing as well as a particular focus on evaporation. They will then learn about the stages of the water cycle.
In art we will be responding to the work of Maggi Hambling and learning how to create a textual landscape painting to show emotion, movement and texture. In DT we will be exploring shell structures and how they can be strengthened and stiffened. Whilst in computing we will be creating stop motion animation, video editing, programming in Scratch and learning about inside the computer. Alongside this, we will be developing cricket, table tennis, golfing and tennis skills in PE.
Click below to see our Twitter feed!
- Our PE lessons are on Monday afternoons. Please make sure PE kits are in school all week in case of extra opportunities. You may wish to include some warmer clothing for our outdoor sessions, particularly when the weather is colder. PE kits should include socks, a pair of trainers for outdoor games and plimsolls for indoor games. Please make sure that all items of clothing are named.
- Spellings will be tested every Friday. 10 new spellings will be sent home every Friday to be learned for the following Friday. Children should know how to spell the words and be able to use them in a sentence. This is very important and will also be tested. All pupils have log in details for Spelling Frame; this is a fantastic online tool to help pupils to practise their weekly spellings. Please see link below.
- Times tables will be tested every Friday. Children will use timestables.co.uk to practise their speed of recall of times tables facts up to 12x12. This will support their learning in preparation for the National Multiplication Tables Check. Children have been given personal log in details to timestables.co.uk to practise at home.
- The Year 4 Reading Challenge challenges children to read at least 3 times or more to an adult outside of school each week. Reading records are collected in every Friday. If children have read 3 times or more, they can give themselves a tick on our class reading chart. If they have read at least 3 times a week, every week, all half-term, they will receive a special reward. Children should also complete a comprehension homework task once a week.
- Creative Homework should be completed once every half term. This will always be themed around our current learning topic. Parents and carers are invited to our classroom to celebrate the children's wonderful homework once every term.
- The cloakroom noticeboard is full of useful information including the week's spellings, timetables, dinner menus and up-to-date letters.