Welcome to Class 3/4!
This page has useful information about the day to day running of Class 3/4 and about what we get up to in our busy, exciting classroom.
In Year 3, Miss Robinson teaches English and maths in the mornings and a mixed Y3/4 class in the afternoons.
In Year 4, Mrs Davis teaches English and maths each morning.
We both work alongside our teaching partner, Miss Wilkinson.
Our autumn term topic is 'Vicious Vikings'. We will learn about the raids and invasions by Vikings in Anglo-Saxon Britain and about significant events from the period and order these chronologically on a timeline. We will find out who the Vikings were as well as when and where they raided and settled. The children will find out about the Anglo-Saxon kings who ruled during the 'Viking Age' and examine their influence and significance in British history. In addition to this, they will learn about the Anglo-Saxon justice system and compare and contrast crimes, punishments and laws with their modern day equivalents. The children will also have the opportunity to learn about different aspects of everyday Viking life. They will explore the types of houses that the Vikings lived in, what clothes they wore and even
what types of food they ate.
- Our PE lessons are on Monday afternoons. Please make sure PE kits are in school all week in case of extra opportunities. You may wish to include some warmer clothing for our outdoor sessions, particularly when the weather is colder. PE kits should include socks, a pair of trainers for outdoor games and plimsolls for indoor games. Please make sure that all items of clothing are named.
- Spellings will be tested every Friday. 10 new spellings will be sent home every Friday to be learned for the following Friday. Children should know how to spell the words and be able to use them in a sentence. This is very important and will also be tested.
- Times tables will be tested every Friday. Children will be given 4 minutes to answer 40 questions using their multiplication and division facts. This forms part of a tracker as children work through awards. Each week they will focus on a different times table up to 12x12. If children achieve more than 38/40, they will move onto a different test.
- The Year 3 Reading Challenge challenges children to read at least 3 times or more to an adult outside of school each week. Reading records are collected in every Monday. If children have read enough, they give themselves a tick on our class reading chart. If they have read at least 3 times a week, every week, all half-term, they will receive a special reward.
- Creative Homework should be completed once every half term. This will always be themed around our current learning topic. Please find attached the creative homework leaflet where you will find a range of ideas for projects your child could complete! Parents and carers are invited to our classroom to celebrate the children's wonderful homework once every term.
- The cloakroom noticeboard is full of useful information including the week's spellings, timetables, dinner menus and up-to-date letters.
Please follow us on Twitter @AslocktonSchool to see us in action on our incredible learning journey in Class 3/4.