Welcome to Class 3/4!
This page has useful information about the day to day running of Class 3/4 and about what we get up to in our busy, exciting classroom.
In Year 3, Miss Robinson teaches English and maths in the mornings and a mixed Y3/4 class in the afternoons.
In Year 4, Mrs Davis teaches English and maths each morning.
We both work alongside our teaching partner, Miss Wilkinson.
Our spring term topic is 'Earth and Space'. During our topic lessons, we will explore many aspects of Earth and Space:
describe the movement of the Earth, and other planets, relative to the Sun in the solar system
describe the movement of the Moon relative to the Earth
describe the Sun, Earth and Moon as approximately spherical bodies
use the idea of the Earth’s rotation to explain day and night and the apparent movement of the sun across the sky.
Our class book will be The Iron Man by Ted Hughes. We will explore the book in detail through our reading comprehensions, reciprocal reading lessons and enjoyment for reading throughout the day.
- Our PE lessons are on Monday afternoons. Please make sure PE kits are in school all week in case of extra opportunities. You may wish to include some warmer clothing for our outdoor sessions, particularly when the weather is colder. PE kits should include socks, a pair of trainers for outdoor games and plimsolls for indoor games. Please make sure that all items of clothing are named.
- Spellings will be tested every Friday. 10 new spellings will be sent home every Friday to be learned for the following Friday. Children should know how to spell the words and be able to use them in a sentence. This is very important and will also be tested.
- Times tables will be tested every Friday. Children will be given 4 minutes to answer 40 questions using their multiplication and division facts. This forms part of a tracker as children work through awards. Each week they will focus on a different times table up to 12x12. If children achieve more than 36/40, they will move onto a different test.
- The Year 3 Reading Challenge challenges children to read at least 3 times or more to an adult outside of school each week. Reading records are collected in every Monday. If children have read enough, they give themselves a tick on our class reading chart. If they have read at least 3 times a week, every week, all half-term, they will receive a special reward.
- Creative Homework should be completed once every half term. This will always be themed around our current learning topic. Please find attached the creative homework leaflet where you will find a range of ideas for projects your child could complete! Parents and carers are invited to our classroom to celebrate the children's wonderful homework once every term.
- The cloakroom noticeboard is full of useful information including the week's spellings, timetables, dinner menus and up-to-date letters.
Please follow us on Twitter @AslocktonSchool to see us in action on our incredible learning journey in Class 3/4.