At Archbishop Cranmer our commitment to R.E. and to our vision statement is translated in to practice and we have a quality enrichment programme to support our learning which means our vision statement is lived out in our daily lives. We aim for children to become excellent Christian role models for the future world and we are inclusive and respectful whilst celebrating global diversity.
With the Christian values as the driving force of all we do we desire to do something that will be remembered and make a significant difference in the big picture of our children’s lives, now in and in the future so it is also our mission that we work in partnership with one another “ to establish the work of our hands”.
See some of our “R.E. in Action” here.
The whole school took part in Thy Kingdom Come Global Prayer event. Some of the things we did:
- Year 4/5 spent time digging deep, reflecting on and writing our own version of the Lord’s Prayer. Then we looked at the symbolism of colours and created bracelets to help us visualise and remember all of the different lines!
- Year 2 were busy making sensory crosses today for their reflection area which contained a hidden Christian value of our choice. They also built a prayer cross to post the prayers of thankfulness they wrote during the afternoon and for future prayers.
- Year 1 have went outside to appreciate our fantastic world. They focussed on all the amazing things we can hear and are thankful for #birdssinging #windfloatingbetweentheleaves #grassdancing #childrensvoices
- Each Year 3 contributed their favourite button to a tree of reflection and created a prayer jar to inspire reflective thoughts.
- Year 1 also shared their thoughts and feelings with friends and God. They thought about how lucky we are to have people in our lives to be so thankful for?
- Foundation thought about how we have lots of important special people in our lives. They talked about how much we loved them whilst having a love heart sweet. Let us Love one another for Love comes from God. 1 John 4:7
- Foundation also hooked some Thankfulness Ducks. They hooked a duck and discussed things that they were thankful for. The list was endless from ice creams, to food, to our families and school.
- The children in Year 6 worked with members of our Church community at the Thomas Cranmer Centre on global awareness and creating prayers. They found out more about the answer to prayer and created prayers of our own.
- All of the children in school planted flower seeds. The children shared some thoughtful prayers to celebrate new beginnings.